Skip to content
- Check valve also known as Non – Return valve, reflux valve, retention valve or one-way valve that normally allows fluid (liquid or gas) to flow through it in only one direction.
- Check valves are two-port valves, meaning they have two openings in the body, one for fluid to enter and the other for fluid to leave.
- Non-Return Valves work automatically, which means that must do not have a handle or stem.
- An important concept in check valves is the cracking pressure which is the minimum differential upstream pressure between inlet and outlet at which the valve will operate.
- Typically, the check valve is designed for and can therefore be specified for a specific cracking pressure. (Cracking pressure 0.5 bar)